Monday, March 11, 2013

The Spring Break-down

Okay seniors we get it, Cancun was amazing. We're all jealous. You win. 


This year spring break came super early for all of us here at SHU. I just got back to school yesterday and my week off was less springy and more snowy. Meanwhile, all the seniors went to Cancun and had the time of their lives. My sister and her friends (the gorg girls to the left) being some of them.  But if you're like me and my friends you're too poor and too young for the "Seniors take over Cancun" insanity.



So, I know a lot of you guys haven't gone on break yet or are just started it this week, lucky you. Knowing this, I planned to avoid my hometown as much as possible since I knew it would be a ghost town. If you're like me and no ones home for break when you are or you're just over the whole high school friends thing, here are some tips to avoid a couch-potato spring break catastrophe.

1. Get on the road. Me and my two roommates road tripped from Jersey, to CT, back to Jersey and then to Long Island. I spent maybe 48 hours at home and the rest 
road tripping with my roomies. Visit each others hometowns and make the most of your break.
(Check out our car ride selfies to the right )
2. Go somewhere sick. Okay, Cancun looked awesome and I am all kinds of jealous. If you and your friends from school or home have working schedules, plan a trip to somewhere hot and gorgeous and go crazy!
3. Visit home friends. If your high school pals don't have the same break as you, make a trip to their school and party with them. Make sure to pick a friend with the sickest party school.
4. Chill. If you're overworked and overwhelmed take this vaca to lay low and relax. There's nothing wrong with taking a break from the vodka bottle and chilling out.  (Not my way to go but hey, to each his own!)

Whatever you're doing this spring break make the most of it. Get a tan, fake or real, and come back refreshed and ready to go hard for the rest of the semester. 
Avoid a catastrophe and be spontaneous!

No comments:

Post a Comment