Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Poor Girl Catastrophes

If you guys are like me, you are broke. 
I mean seriously I have like 100 dollars to my name right now. This is something me and my roomies know all about. I can't tell you how many times I check my bank statement on a weekend and how many times I shutter at the sight of it. Since I have no car on campus and the school apparently thinks I don't need a work study, I've got zero income coming in. The biggest catastrophe is staying in because your wallet is looking limp, so here are some ways to keep your cash stable and avoid missing out: 

1. Buy the cheap booze! Luckily, CT has burnetts. Yup, im talking about 8 dollar vodka here, but trust me you can acquire a taste if you're broke enough. Strawberry is my favorite!

2. Skip buying real people food. Okay so campus food is terrible, but use the money you have on your school card! Avoid taking trips to Sixteen Handles or Panera (my suites fav places) to save some cash. We all decided to penny up on Sundays and hit the diner for some C.O.A. (coffee Advil omelets) the only cure for a hangover, duh.

3. Avoid cabs. Cabs can be such a waste of money if somebody has a car. Everyone can chip in for gas and avoid throwing 5 dollars each way for a two second cab ride. Seriously, cabs at SHU are such a rip off.

4. Sell some stuff. Get an eBay account if you have some things you don't use anymore. From clothes to jewelery you can sell just about anything on there. If eBay isn't your thing, join some sweepstakes or try for contests. Its worth a shot!

5. Leave your wallet behind! Me and my friends always get bored on a Saturday so we head to the mall or a few random stores. If you're just coming for the ride with no intention of spending money, don't bring your wallet! Trust me, it's the only way to ensure I don't come home with a new pair of heels.

So try out some of these tips to keep your wallet from looking as weak as you feel on a Friday morning! And hey, if these tips don't work find yourself a rich guy and call it quits!

No comments:

Post a Comment