Wednesday, September 25, 2013

New Semester Catastrophes

So a new semester is upon us. Somehow I'm a junior here at SHU and I'm feeling old as hell. Graduation is literally right around the corner and that scary realization is driving me nuts. I want to stay in college forever... seriously. But as great as that would be, it's just unrealistic. It sucks, but the real world is becoming realer than ever. Personally, it's time for me to put my Burnett’s away until the weekend and make sure my grades and my future are top priority next to scoping out the entire freshman class. 

With that being said, here are some tips for getting your life together this semester if you’re in the same boat as me.

1. Get a job! Luckily my sister hooked me up with her old job at a vintage boutique a few towns over from here. It’s pretty clutch since I'm only working a few days a week. Look for jobs that are flexible with your schedule. Personally, I am usually so broke. Having a steady paycheck has been helping me out so much and balancing out my schedule.
2. Get on track! It's time to start seriously looking at your post-college plans and seeing if you’re on track to graduate. It’s important that you make sure you’re taking all the right classes and choosing courses wisely. If necessary, take an online class or an easy A class and go for more courses than the usual five.
3. Get involved! As much as joining clubs or sororities isn't really my style, it’s important to work on your networking. Getting your name out there and having special activities on resumes can really help out in the future. 

Whether graduation is nearing or you're just trying to get your shit together, take my tips to heart. College is about having fun and having new experiences, but it is also about getting us ready to be independently stable. Avoid the confused college kid catastrophe and use your time wisely. It’s all about balance between work and play!

No comments:

Post a Comment