Friday, February 8, 2013

This is NOT a Catastrophe

Two words: Barstool Blackout.
Alright, so I'm guessing all you people already know what this is. A huge ridiculous rave with black lights and insanity. It's pretty sweet and the tour has come up here by SHU the last two years. Bonus: it's at my fav club. (Which is saying a lot because we know I hate clubs) If it comes by your school you need to check it out. 
Even if barstool doesn't come near your school, it's fun to change it up.  If you have EDC or Electric Zoo I heard they're sick. The same house parties can get a little tired and if you have the chance to hit up a concert or a rave, do it. And these last two years have taught me some valuable lessons for avoiding any type of a catastrophe:

1. Dress crazy. It's really that one time, besides Halloween, that you can look like a whack and pull it off. My freshman year we dressed way too normal and it took away from the experience.
2. Figure out rides. This year my BFF Gordon gave us a ride to and from Toads Place (the club) but last year we dealt with trains and cabs. It sucked and was such a waste of money.
3.  Avoid the drama. Last night, of course, my roomies and me almost got into a brawl on the dance floor. It sucks to get into fights and get kicked out all because somebody shoved you. Keep calm and party on! 
4. Get a little crazy. Just have fun. It's about dancing and living a little. So buy a few drinks and make some silly mistakes.

So when things get a little tried, change it up and check something new out.   


^^ My suitmate is such a rave girl ;)  

No comments:

Post a Comment